We had a wonderful long vacation. It had taken a while to get back into the swing of things. So here is some of my blog catchup. Our end destination was going to be Idaho. But we made a few pit stops along the way. On our drive, we had Thomas the Tank engine video repeating over and over in the background, we stopped in Safford so Rachel (my cousin) could cut my hair for me. Thanks again Rach! Next, we headed to Mesa to visit Jared and Mary. (Johns Bro and Sis-in-law). It was fun to get to know my nephew better. The kids had fun playing together. With a few pillow fights, throwing toys off the balcony, and fun in the sun. We went for a relaxing swim in their apartment complex and Jared, John and I got burnt. At least I don’t look like a vampire now! Hooray for skin cancer. (J/K) We went over to Eric and Andreas (my bro and sis-in-law) for a joint B-Day party for John and Eric. It was a fun get together and a fire hazard with all 28 x 2 candles a blazin’. Sunday took a turn for the worse with an unexpected pit stop to the hospital. After church we were headed back up to Jared and Mary’s place. John had Ashley strapped into her car seat and was reaching into the back of the van to get something and her car seat slipped out of the nook of his arm. The car seat landed on its side and then rocked back to its back. She had been sleeping, so we got her calmed down and she went back to sleep. No big deal, right…. Or not. After we all had dinner at Eric and Andreas we were fixing to head back when I noticed a gushy squishy spot on her head. Then panic set in. After a quick blessing we headed over to the ER leaving Luke and Noah at Eric and Andreas. Jared, Mary and Brody went with us to keep us company luckily. Well after X-Rays and CT scans the verdict was in, skull fracture. Who would of thought that could happen while secured in a car seat with only a few feet drop. Scary!!! So Ash and I took an ambulance drive to the children’s hospital in Phoenix with John following behind in the van. She only needed observation thankfully but we needed to be at a hospital with a neural surgeon just incase. We were so grateful to just have to spend one night there. And super grateful that we were able to continue our vacation, we just needed to spend an extra day in Mesa to ensure that she was doing ok Which she was. The Doctor even said she couldn’t believe she didn’t cry when she was touching her head. But I knew why she wasn’t crying, Thank goodness for priesthood blessings. She was a trooper thru out the whole process. It made me appreciate my mom and all the other moms who spend a good portion of their children’s lives hanging out in hospitals. Not something I would wish on anyone. We just look at it this way. If she turns out to be a rotten teenage we are going to blame it on the skull facture, not our poor parenting skills. hahaha To be continued………
5 comments:
I'm glad to hear that Ashley is okay. What a scare! Your pictures are all really cute too. Luke is getting so big! I couldn't beleive how tall he was on Sunday. He kept saying I'm getting Big! He was so cute. He was trying to drink out of the tallest water fountain, because he said he was tall enough...not quite but I'd say by the end of the year. Anyway glad to hear you had fun! Cute hair, and Luke was so great in Sunbeams this week! He is getting so smart, he knew all the answers!!
Crazy trip so far! I had no idea that happened to Ashley. Glad she's okay! I love your cute haircut - all the pictures are so fun. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.
I am sorry that your trip had scary drama! I am glad that Ashley is o.k.
and that your family made it home safely. Your family is so cute we are glad you are in our ward.
That is so scary about Ashley! Good thing she is okay. Makes you wonder what happens if you actually got in a wreck even if they are in the car seat. Can't wait to come play with you guys in El Paso in a few days!!
I am so glad you posted those pictures! My pictures of that time are long gone! You are the best. It really was a fun trip...all besides the Ashley scare. So glad that turned out ok! Love you!
Post a Comment