Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Nostalgic moments to look back on!


Stacey tagged me. It sounds fun so please play along if you want to. I'm excited to hear the memories that you all have of me.

1. As a comment on my blog, leave a memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments. If you want to leave a memory about John, that's fine too!

("It's all about the memories, man"; Can't hardly wait)

18 comments:

Stacey said...

I commented, but for some reason it didn't show up, so if it does later just delete one of them (You know I'm retarted:)

I remember back in high school. I was at your house watching a movie with some boys, and the guy I was with kissed me for the first time. For some reason (ok I really know the reason), you started laughing and Phillip had to cover your mouth to keep you quiet:) ay yi...

One of my fav's in college was when we braved the cold to sleep on our couch on the porch. I think it was 2o degrees outside. I have a picture of it somewhere. Our boogers were frozen to our faces.

I also remember Sarah, you and I putting on cowboy hats, extra clothes and jackets to dance, lip sing and strip for Jared and Donald. The look on their faces was priceless. They were both beat red, even though only our extra layers came off. We'll have to do that again for our hubbies:)

Jenn said...

There are too many to count...Here's a few that popped into my mind...

Early morning Trooperette practice, with you and Mel goofing off in the back, and that one time she pulled down your pants during practice.

When you played, "Miss New Mexico" and won the Miss Larson pageant.

How pretty you looked in the temple on your wedding day, even with tears streaming down you face. (I thought, she is a pretty crier! No fair!)

Many more, but those three popped in my head.

dustin and amy said...

I didn't know you had this also, it's all over the place! I would have to say I have too favorite memories of you:

1. The Larson beauty pagent and the talent show! I laughed so hard that night, and adored your acting ability!!!

2. Staying at your home! I loved to see you have a family and a house and be a grown-up just like me! Sometimes I feel like I'm the lone oldest cousin and then I get glimpses like that weekend that make me feel that we are all the same. Thanks for taking us in and letting us get to know you on a different level. I LOVED it!

dustin and amy said...

oops, I meant to say two!

Crys said...

Roni-

I remember when you were born!!! You were laying on the floor of some bedroom and you had little blonde hair and I thought you were so cute, but I was little so I couldn't hold you and I was sad about that.

Tairah said...

I remember your wedding. You looks so beautiful.(still do) I was so glad we got to go though Bennett kept missing the exite we thought we were going to miss it. You guys are great. John is so funny always made us laugh. John and My Jared would always do stuff to tick Jared (johns brother off) It was funny. Pour Jared going to get his milk that he would mark where he left off. Only to find out that they drank if and filled it back up to the line with water.

Tairah said...

Jared wanted me to say he wasn't part of the milk theft or John for that matter it was Justin and Adam. Jared and John would steal the cookies.

The Fami-Lee said...

Oh Ron B-Non,

I'm laughing hard thinking about the time we were making ourselves faint at Beth Cardon's house and Beth knocked her head on her closet door or dresser and freaked us all out! If my kids ever do that, I'm going to whip them so hard.

I loved swimming with you and Sarah at the Suez pool and pretend we were mermaids and have handstand competitions...you da best, baby.

The Caywood Family said...

I remember when you and John were Dating. John asked me to come to Rexburg to go dancing. I thought that is was just going to be us and then we went to your apartment and you and your cousin came also. It was so much fun being able to hang out with the two of you. I wanted to stay longer so I called mom and asked and she said it was ok. That night heading home I got my first and only speeding Ticket. Not even two miles from home... What can I say I had fun and I was driving home at 1 in the morning. I am glad you are part of my family. Love ya sis Jennifer

Madsens said...

Roni--
Rexburg, need I say more? I had the best memories there. I love thinking about that short 5 months of my life. How about sitting on the porch on that awesome green couch!!
By the way, your blog is unbelievable!! Mine is lame, how do you find the time??

Ben & Rachel said...

1.When I used to go with you and Melanie to Aunt Flowers house when you guys would house sit and i was so annoying haha looking back now...I'm sure you both really hated that haha

2. When Me and Ashley used to swim in that plastic yellow baby pool and you would get hot water from the kitchen and pour buckets of it into that dumb pool so that we wouldn't be cold :) talk about a heated pool! haha

love ya!!

Melanie and Jarom said...

OK I think I win or maybe am tied with John for having the most memories with you Reg! Just to name a few
- peeing on the football field and rolling under the gate mission impossible style
- same night: shopping carts, 2 am, Toys R Us
- all nighters in Idaho and Utah
- showing us your teeth in Chemistry
- turkey fighting in Algebra (did we ever do work at school??)
- hmmm... I seem to remember some streaked panty hose in a hallway at an improv competition... hahahahaha I'm dying laughing!
Well I could go on forever- I guess I'd better post this so you can get me back!!!

The Corbetts said...

Oh so many.... And the ones we haven't even made yet.
Well when you guys lived in Rexburg by us, Way Fun times.
The night we had a Back to the Future marathon w/ pizza.
The time John prayed we would go home soon.
Little Lukey being born.
I gotta stop I'm missing you guys and wanna hang out really bad.
Oh and don't forget Jared's wedding trying to make shirts for the Price is right in some one else house, Me spilling the glitter and trying to clean it up and getting only half an hour of sleep that night.
Oh the good times.

The Corbetts said...

okay so are you like wanting more memories, cause your not updating your blog? Well like I have room to talk. Your new page is cute. Have fun going to Arizona and seeing mom. Were going to Oregon with dad for Heidi's wedding. Tell mom she can't complain about the heat, I told her she couldn't at all because on her own she is deciding to go down. So don't let her complain, if she does go get a glass of water and pour it on her. Your kiddos are so adorable miss ya and them.

Rachel Holloway said...

Hey! Roni--it's me, Rachel (Hiatt) from the good ol' days! :) I found your blog through Brooke's blog and was SO excited!

HOW ARE YOU?! What a beautiful family you have! I would love to keep in touch! You can find my blog in my profile...DROP BY SOMETIME!! :)

coolhandluke said...

I remember never seeing you apart from Melanie. We just had a little boy and named him Luke, before I even knew/remembered your son's name, just thought you might like to know :)

The Corbetts said...

Hey are you like really busy or what or no you lost your camera????? You haven't blogged like forever. I guess i'll have to call you!! and bug you, hope everything is going okay. Isn't Luke starting school?

Court n Chad said...

Ronnie, this one is about John. Ok so here you go john. This Labor day week of 08' i helped change water at "Lord's" place where we moved pipe. I didn't have a specific memory that came to mind just a flashing of memories from our summer of 97'. I though of moving pipe, fourth of july and how we put the trailer out to watch fire works and how I thought that natasha criddle was hot, yet you were trying to "talk" me out of it. I also remembered one night when you and jared came to help me change water by your house and you had the swimming meet at midnight, but i had to bale hay. But mostly as I was setting canvases I thought of all the help you gave me on the farm, it would've been boring with out ya. We should take work off and go drive corn truck, that'd would be fun.