Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pretty in Pink Party

Ashley had a beautiful first birthday. She woke up with the beginnings of another head cold, but it didn’t dampen the day too much. My mother and I spent way too much time putting this party together, but we enjoyed ourselves. I just love throwing parties. Daddy and the boys took Ash shopping while we finished up all the party arrangements. We had a small party with mostly just family.
She looked so cute in her Birthday Girl tiara.
Vanna White (Emma) showing off the food."A" cookies for my little AshAll the kidsWe all ate and watched her open her gifts. Her Grandma made the most gorgeous pink cake. (it tasted as good as it looked) She smiled when everyone sang to her. But she didn’t dig into the cake like the boys did. She was getting too tired, so she ate her first piece of cake in my arms. We got her a walker/stroller which she just loves. She makes her “car” sound effect as she walks up and down the hall. She is going to be walking real soon if she keeps practicing. Now our house if full of pink girly toys, thanks to all that were able to come and see our little Ashley celebrate her first birthday.
Happy Birthday Ashley!

Here is a video of her pushing her stroller around. She was so happy.

7 comments:

dustin and amy said...

So cute! I love it! Happy Birthday Ashley, looks like you scored!

Stacey said...

Too bad I was sick and couldn't go. My cold definately would not have been good for all the little babies. I can't believe she is almost walking, she is too cute! i'll have to steal her from you at church more often.

The Corbetts said...

Way cute party. I'm glad there are blogs so we can see you guys often. And what you guys do. She sure is a cute one and a keeper for sure.

Lady Robason said...

Oh my gosh! That stroller is so cute! And the party decorations and food were adorable as well. I've always wanted to make those tissue paper flower poofs. Great pictures too. Glad to know I'm not the only one who likes to record all the hard party prep work! :)

I can't believe how big Ashley has gotten! I miss you guys. Wish we could be there. Love ya!

Jenn said...

Cute pink party! I can't imagine ever having anything pink around here! :) Maybe someday! Happy Birthday Ash!

Court n Chad said...

Glad the birthday was good. She is so cute pushing her stroller around! And the food looked yummy, I'm especially impressed with the cake and the cookies. So cute!
~Court

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking pics in front of the entertainment center this time. Try taking some pictures in front of your living room in different directions. Amanda