Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Storybook Ball

Have you ever had the chance to see your four year old do the waltz? Because I have! Luke is learning so much at school, but I never thought Pre-K would be instructing him in dance. He had his first dance party on Halloween. They had a storybook/Cinderella theme. All the kids were announced by classes and had to walk down a red carpet and then bow/curtsy to the “king” and “prince”. Next was a special surprise guest appearance from Cinderella herself.
Then they had to waltz with their partners (Luke hooked up with a bumble bee beauty). I kept tearing up watching him out on that school cafeteria dance floor. (I just know that I am going to be one of those moms that sneaks into his high school prom to get a peak.) I am pretty sure I enjoyed myself more than Luke. We did the chicken dance, monster mash, and a 3 Little Pigs blues routine together. Luke covered his ears mostly or wanted me to pick him up. He didn’t really want his picture taken; he must have been trying to be Mr. Cool guy in front of his friends. He really did have fun dancing and singing with his buddies even though the pictures don't show it. Here is a cute video of him dancing (well, the back of his head - it's a terrible video actually, you can't see much). He hadn’t seen me yet, so I had to tap on his shoulder to let him know I was there. I loved the little smile that crossed his face when he noticed me, although the video is a little too dark to see it. But watch at the end when he twirls his partner around. Such a stud!

I enjoyed being his date for the afternoon.

Happy Halloween, Tukers! Thanks for a great time!

4 comments:

Clayton and Niki said...

Holy Cow, that dancing is the cutest thing! And you look beautiful in that last picture by the way!
Love you.

John said...

Batman always gets the Hottie!

The Corbetts said...

Luke was so cute. It will be fun to talk to Noah and Luke when you come. They are getting so big and It looks like Luke is learning lots. I agree Roni you do look good in the last pic. John when you come I'll give you lots of Salsa it's pretty warm or hot. Because your package for christmas is probably heavy enough. you'll have to wait, sorry or i'll send some w/ mom if she visits sooner than that. Yes I'll try to get some pics up. I like the football helmet.

Stacey said...

I started watching it but then had to stop because I started bawling. It really sucks that they wouldn't let me go and see Brody's Ball:(... Luke looked so cute though.