Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kitchen Catastrophe Cleared

Wondering where I have been? Well, consumed with my kitchen, that's where. The dust has settled, and we are now officially mold and fungus free. I still can't believe that this is my kitchen.

We widened the kitchen, which made a huge difference. Now there is room to waltz!

Moving the kitchen out ruined the old tile, so naturally I had to pick out a beautiful 18 inch tile to go down in it's place.Some of my favorite features...

The fully extending pull out tray drawer.


Deep drawers, right next to the dishwasher for quick unloading, and at a kid friendly height so the kids can help set the table.

The spice/bread drawer accessible from either side.
Not to mention granite countertops, undermount sink, pull out shelves and slow-close hinges.

Mold, Mold go away... and the arm of one of our workers. Good ol' Manny!
They had to rip out all the sheetrock behind the cabinets.
John loves me. And I him!Also, Out with the old bathroom vanity.... and Oh the Seashell sink......Bane of my Existence!
So long SUCKA!
...in with the new!


Check out my new mood lighting!

Oh my gosh pinch me, I'm dreaming!

PS I look forward to a stainless steel fridge and pantry doors to match the cabinetry. You know, after the wallet fattens up again.

12 comments:

Stacey said...

I believe I already told you how jealous I was when i came over, but I am sooo jealous:) It looks so great and is just so you... great job picking it all out, it looks amazing!

The Caywood Family said...

I love it. Marc and I need to come see you. We have not seen ya in a while. With the new baby who knows what will happen. But I love the new look. It is so you and I bet you are glad to finally have it done so you can use it to the full potential. Miss you guys. Love ya.

Melanie and Jarom said...

oh man! I love it! So pretty. Aren't you glad you had some mold? I love any real excuse to have to shop and re-do stuff! Your bathroom looks so awesome too! I got to come see it.

dustin and amy said...

Nothin' like some mold to spruce things up. I LOVE it, BEAUTIFUL! I love your style!

Clayton and Niki said...

Holy cow!! Transformation! I love it. It's beautiful. Thank goodness for mold.

Lady Robason said...

You suck :)

Mauzy Fam said...

Oh my gosh!! That is amazing. It looks so great and I love all the cool pull out drawers. Do you get so excited everytime you walk into your kitchen? I would.

Gwen said...

The "I love my kitchen so much" feeling doesn't wear off, even after a year and a half. I am so excited for you, it is gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Yay!!! So glad you got it all taken care of! It's gorgeous! And it's only times like this where you can say "hooray for mold!" ;)

The Corbetts said...

It's amazingly awesome!!!! love the mood lights & your fridge looks the best i think. good job guys maybe you could flood the your bathroom next isen't that the last thing to redo in your house.

Jenn said...

Oh, it's so beautiful! Major jealousy here. What a transformation!

Unknown said...

I think you should have kept the seashell sink, that was the best part of the house. Come on RONI save the earth, keep the seashells.