Luke has been enjoying school so much, and I can not believe how much he is learning. He is the tallest in his class of course. His favorite story right now is the three little pigs. He can give a full narrative of the story, with hand gestures and all. Today John and I had the opportunity to join him for lunch and it was very amusing to see him in action. He pointed out all his friends, starting with Alexander (who he says is one of his best friends). The menu for the day was steak fingers, and of course Luke only ate the roll and his chocolate milk. It is fun to hear about all the new things he is learning. 


(That is Alexander standing next to Luke, he is the next tallest kid, guess the giants like to stick together.)
He also participated in the first of many Primary Sacrament program. With some reluctance, John convinced him that it would be ok to sit up on the stand with his other four year old associates. His part was to join in with the sunbeams and say “I am a child of God”. Luke determined that sitting in his chair was a better plan. Then he refused to stand for a good chunk of the songs until about half way thru he decided that he would stop doing his “Lukey scowl” and stand. He sang “I love to see the temple” and “I am a Child of God”, Two out of seven, not too shabby. It was fun to watch him up there hanging over the banister and picking his nose. I can’t believe how grown up my little man is.
Here are some funny things that Luke has been saying the past few months.
Some confusion has occurred during FHE with the biblical names in the family.
Mom: Luke who baptized Jesus
Luke: The good guy
Mom: Yeah, but what was his name?
Luke: Dad
Mom: Luke, who was the Brother of Jared
Luke: Dad (Johns brothers name is Jared, so therefore to Luke, the brother of Jared really is his dad haha)
While driving down a hill, Luke looked out to the city lights and said “Look mom, its Paris” (Paris ---El Paso, same difference right.)
I asked Luke to bring me a Kleenx and I said “thanks baby”, his reply was “um no, just say thanks boy.” (I guess he isn’t much of a baby any more)
After he does something good, he reminds me to thank him “Mom, say great job Lukey”.
Luke: I have huge feet!!
Mom: oh yeah, who told you that?
Luke: Ms. Sanchez (his teacher would probably be horrified about being ratted out)
Talking in his room before bed time Luke said “I want Alexander to see Jesus too!” Future missionary in the making wouldn’t you say.
Now that we have an enforced routine and schedule in our home, life has been moving along beautifully. I didn’t realize that Luke was old enough to govern himself a little bit more. I just got used to doing everything for him. He is becoming more independent and starting to following directions better. He has really matured a lot since the start of school; I can only imagine how much he will change by the time Pre-K graduation rolls around.
His first homework assignment, now if I could only find a way to make him this happy to do homework thoughout college.
Here are some funny things that Luke has been saying the past few months.
Some confusion has occurred during FHE with the biblical names in the family.
Mom: Luke who baptized Jesus
Luke: The good guy
Mom: Yeah, but what was his name?
Luke: Dad
Mom: Luke, who was the Brother of Jared
Luke: Dad (Johns brothers name is Jared, so therefore to Luke, the brother of Jared really is his dad haha)
While driving down a hill, Luke looked out to the city lights and said “Look mom, its Paris” (Paris ---El Paso, same difference right.)
I asked Luke to bring me a Kleenx and I said “thanks baby”, his reply was “um no, just say thanks boy.” (I guess he isn’t much of a baby any more)
After he does something good, he reminds me to thank him “Mom, say great job Lukey”.
Luke: I have huge feet!!
Mom: oh yeah, who told you that?
Luke: Ms. Sanchez (his teacher would probably be horrified about being ratted out)
Talking in his room before bed time Luke said “I want Alexander to see Jesus too!” Future missionary in the making wouldn’t you say.
Now that we have an enforced routine and schedule in our home, life has been moving along beautifully. I didn’t realize that Luke was old enough to govern himself a little bit more. I just got used to doing everything for him. He is becoming more independent and starting to following directions better. He has really matured a lot since the start of school; I can only imagine how much he will change by the time Pre-K graduation rolls around.

8 comments:
That is so cute! I love his sayings, especially the ones related to the scripture stories. Kyle always has the best comments during F.H.E. Luke is hilarious and so grown up!
That is so cute! I love his sayings, especially the ones related to the scripture stories. Kyle always has the best comments during F.H.E. Luke is hilarious and so grown up!
Oh he's getting SO big!! And he's pretty funny too. What a cutie!
I have to wait for the end of the month to eat with Brody at school, and I can't wait. It looks like fun. Luke looks so grown up standing there with his friends at school.
That last picture of him with his homework is one you need to blow up and keep in his room throughout highschool. maybe he'll do his homework if he sees himself having so much fun with it when he was a boy.
Your posts were all so cute. I love the sleeping baby pics. And Luke so happy with his homework! I can't believe you own a kid that big! They are all precious little things, very squeezable. Ok now I am going to stop blog hopping- addicting... but I loved reading yours! It feels like its been awhile!
I love your family so much I wish we lived closer. Luke is really growing up. We got your letter yesterday Max loved it.
I love seeing your kiddos grow. What would we do without blogging? What a big boy Luke is becoming, just wait until you have a 4th grader, AHHHHHH!
Luke buddy you are so grown up! I loved the picture of John eating lunch with Luke. I remember going to school and eating lunch with our kids! Enjoy those times because before you know it you will be sending the last one out the door on his mission! :( It is a good thing but so hard to have all your kids out of the house. Enjoy them while they are young because it does go by too fast! Love you guys!
Post a Comment