Thursday, October 30, 2008

New and Improved

So, when John went on his hunting trip, he left poor little me at home with all of our wild children. I mean, what is a girl to do with all that extra husbandless time on her hands. Well, spend money of course.
I just happened to take a stroll over to Target, when I ran into the cutest dinning chairs. I had seen them when they had first arrived at the store, thanks to the fact that I basically visit Target on a daily basis. I loved them then, but thought, “I don’t need to spend that much money.” But now, to my excitement, they were sitting in the clearance aisle. So I called up my design support consultant (mom). With her approval we purchased the chairs and headed home to replace the old.
Of course, “When you give a mouse a cookie, he is going to ask for some milk.” (children’s book) The new and improved chairs made the table look, oh 33 years old. So the next night was spent scraping off all the old milk stains and polishing up the table. Then the night after that, my lovely mother came over in her paint clothes (which show a history of all the paint colors she has had to deal with in my house). She painted the legs of the table and the trim around the edge.

So when you pair new clearanced Target chairs, with $10 of brown spray paint, the end result is a beautiful fresh and improved table for free. (free, thanks to Craigslist, sold our old entertainment center and curio cabinet)

Thank you mom for your motivation and help. I love my new table. And thank you John for not killing me when you saw that I had spent more money on home decor needs!

5 comments:

Melanie and Jarom said...

LOVE IT! I can totally picture how cute that looks in your house the way you have it decorated. Its perfect! I do miss those old chairs though- I have memories of eating spaghetti or pancakes or our burnt toast sitting in those chairs with the cool weave on the back...

Jenn said...

Cute Roni! Love them.

Lady Robason said...

I love them. So mod! I miss decorating. Sigh.

Tiff said...

WoW! Great job! They look awesome! I think that every gal should spend money while their husbands are gone on hunting trips! Teach them to not leave us! :-) J/K

Court n Chad said...

you didn't write about the best part of the story.. John went hunting and.... what? did he get anything?